Welcome everyone to my very first Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the ArtsyReaderGirl, check out her post here!
I had 5 questions for my favourite author, Jennifer Lynn Barnes and a question each for 5 other amazing authors!
jennifer lynn barnes
- How did you come up with the idea for the Naturals, aka my one of my favourite book series ever, and how much research did you do/how long did it take?
- Is the Debutantes a duology? The second book didn’t exactly end on a cliffhanger, but I always envisioned it to be a trilogy, so what is the verdict on that?
- Which writers inspire you? What are your favourite books and why? (oops this might be two)
- How do you juggle it all? My career aspirations are very similiar to what you are doing right now, with writing, teaching, research.
- Can I please, please shadow you with your work in the field of cognitive science? I would love to intern for you, whether that be with your research, your job as a professor or as an author? (Again not going to happen, but a girl can dream)
- You asked us the other day on Instagram what our favourite series of yours was and why? If you had to choose, what is YOUR favourite series that you have written and why?
abigail hing wen
- The fields of artificial intelligence and literature are drastically different- yet you do both. I am interested in pursuing a career in both too- any advice?
- When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, my class made parallels to the mood of our world to the mood in your bestseller The Road. Are you surprised at all by our analogy?
- Just between the two of us, can I have the real name of the producer in your book? I’m nosy like that. (slightly joking with this one)
- OK REAL QUESTION: Your book, Maybe You Should Talk To Someone, has addressed head-on the formerly taboo topic of therapy. It’s brought a personal, private experience public. What impact do you think this duality has on you, the public, and the therapy experience?
- When I first read Confessions of A Murder Suspect and subsequently the Confessions series, I was so struck by the fact that you, as a middle-aged man, captured perfectly the emotions and angst that embodied the female teenage protagonist. How have you developed this level of understanding and how do you convey it so articulately?
So there we have it! My 10 questions for 6 different, amazing authors! If any representative of any of the authors listed above happen to stumble across this post, I would seriously be the happiest person on Earth if any of my questions get answered.
Fellow book bloggers, let me know your thoughts on my first ever #TTT !
” The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV